The chronic injury or illness experience can be a good thing. In David Letterman fashion, I have created my own top ten list of the positives of the chronic injury or illness experience:
10) Your pharmacist knows you by name.
9) Otherwise complete strangers are your instant friends, as they now share a common bond of the injury or illness experience. Look we are all meeting here today!
8) You find an inner strength and sense of empowerment that you never knew existed.
7) You grow closer to those who love and support you.
6) You find out who your true friends are.
5) You have an opportunity to re-invent your self.
4) You can explore and create new work skills and talents, that otherwise may have been left undiscovered.
3) You simplify your life.
2) You slow down and start to focus on the things that are really important to you.
1) You have an opportunity to explore and expand your current balance of the mind, body and spirit. You can become more resilient.
You can learn to Acquire Hope and abundant Health and advance your recovery! I offer two books that I have authored to help others with Myasthenia Gravis and other chronic illnesses to learn a proven method on improving your situation. These books “Acquired Hope: A Journey of Advanced Recovery and Empowerment” and “365 Days of Abundant Hope” are both available on Amazon.com. This process works, guaranteed!
Visit http://www.acquiredhope.com/ for more information and details on advancing your recovery. A portion of the book profits go to the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America to help support the fight against MG!